Thompson Financial Group offers various personal investing strategies that can have a risk-forward approach and innovative thinking around investment portfolio assembly. Our personal investing strategies are constructed to predict and react to the markets, helping you stay on track for the long term, even as the circumstances change. With our platforms’ assistance, our advisors build a custom asset mix to accommodate each investor’s risk tolerance and focus on long-term goals, not short-term fears.
We recognize your financial situation is unique to you. We construct portfolios tailored to each of our clients’ objectives. Effectively managing portfolios means always thinking ahead. Our team applies the latest research and market insights to select strategists and design portfolios that will adapt to shifting market forces.
We carefully select investment providers based on rigorous standards, including investment philosophy, experienced people, clearly-defined processes, and performance that reflects their philosophy. Our platforms include a wide range of options, from large institutions to boutique providers. No matter their size, all of our strategists fit our purpose-built approach to managing investments.
We provide clear, easily understood explanations of financial products and services. The no-obligation personalized financial assessment we can provide is a roadmap to a more secure financial future.
We can assist you with:
- Wealth Management*
- Retirement planning strategies
- Consolidating retirement plans from previous employers
- Setting up Traditional and ROTH Individual Retirement Accounts
- Fixed Annuities
- Guaranteeing lifetime income**
- Variable Annuities*
- Opening College 529 saving plans*
- Non-qualified investments
- Social Security Benefits Exploration**
Types of Accounts
- Non-Qualified**: An investments account that does not receive preferential tax treatment. You can invest as much or as little as you want in any given year, and you can withdraw at any time. Money that you invest in a non-qualified account is money that you’ve already received through income sources and paid income tax on it.
- Roth IRA**: An individual retirement account allowing a person to set aside after-tax income up to a specified amount each year. Both earnings on the account and withdrawals after age 59½ are tax-free.
- Traditional IRA**: An individual retirement account (IRA) allows individuals to direct pretax income towards investments that can grow tax-deferred; no capital gains or dividend income is taxed until it is withdrawn.
- Fixed annuity** A type of annuity contract allows for the accumulation of capital on a tax-deferred basis. In exchange for a lump sum of capital, a life insurance company credits the annuity account with a guaranteed fixed rate of interest while guaranteeing the principal investment.
- Variable annuity*: A contract sold by an insurance company. The contract provides the holder with future payments based on the performance of the contract’s underlying securities. The insurer guarantees a minimum payment, but the rate of return on the underlying securities may vary.
**Guarantees are backed by the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
**Please note that Thompson-Hamel, LLC does not give legal or Social Security advice. You are encouraged to consult your attorney or the Social Security Administration. Not affiliated with or endorsed by the U.S. Government.